I’m the father of 3 amazing little ladies. I’ve fallen completely in love with all of them and try not to think to much about the future and the prospects of dating. But on thing I do know is that I want my girls to know my voice. To know that I love them and that I repect them and I care about them. I want my voice along with Jesus to be the voice of reason in their little heads as they grow up. So I want to do my very best to ensure that my voice of truth and love was heard loud and clear, above all others, by my girls.
Here are 8 things that I want them to know. This from the ALL-PRO dad website.
1. “You are immeasurably valuable. They are valuable because they are our daughters and were created by God and for God.
2. “You are beautiful" Our daughters need to hear that they are not only beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside where true beauty finds its source.
3. “Be a Lady.” Teach her to be a lady in the way she dresses, speaks, and interacts with others. Teach her to respect her self. It means to draw physical boundaries and let men know that her body is reserved exclusively for her future husband.
4. “Command honor and respect from men.” The best way to teach her about the kind of man she should develop a relationship with and ultimately marry is to show her by your example in your marriage and other relationships.
5. “I Love You Unconditionally.” Our daughters need to know that we love them no matter what, and that nothing, absolutely nothing, can ever separate them from our love.
6. “You can Always Count on Me.” No matter what, my daughters know that they can count on me to always speak the truth to them. They can also count on me to do what’s in their best interests.
7. “Love Others.” Remind her how she must take time to look beyond her own world and care for those who are hurting around her.
8. “Love God.” We were created by God and for God. We are to love him with all of our being—heart, soul, mind, and strength.
These are the things that I want my girls to know and remember as they encounter life. Above all else to know that no matter what that there mom and dad love them no matter what and that Jesus loves them no matter what. That nothing can seperate them from our love and from Jesus love.
Jesus I pray that you give me the wisdom to be the daddy that my girls need throughout their lives. Help me to be the man of God that you’ve called me to be so they have a great example for the future. I love you thank you for the blessing of our three little ladies. Bless them, protect them and guide them. AMEN!