[et_pb_section][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type="4_4"][et_pb_image admin_label="P119 Image" src="http://www.discoverhope.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/P119-e1439740338483.jpg" show_in_lightbox="off" url_new_window="off" animation="off" sticky="off" align="center" force_fullwidth="off" always_center_on_mobile="on" use_border_color="off" border_color="#ffffff" border_style="solid" /][et_pb_toggle admin_label="What is The Project 119 Challenge?" title="What is Project 119?" open="off" body_line_height="2em" use_border_color="off" border_color="#ffffff" border_style="solid"] PROJECT 119 Challenge!
- READ > WRITE > SHARE
- Follow the Psalm 119 reading plan on on Facebook, at discoverhope.org/p119, or from a P119 bookmark for 22 days. (August 16th to September 6th)
- 5 minutes to read the passage and choose one verse.
- Scripture: When you are done, look for a verse that particularly spoke to you that day, and write it in your journal.
- Observation: What do you think God is saying to you in this scripture? Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and reveal Jesus to you. Paraphrase and write this Scripture down in your own words in your journal.
- Application: Personalize what you have read, by asking yourself how it applies to your life right now. Perhaps it is instruction, encouragement, revelation of a new promise, or corrections for a particular area of your life. Write how this Scripture can apply to you today.
- Prayer: This can be as simple as asking God to help you use this Scripture, or it may be a greater insight on what He may be revealing to you. Remember, prayer is a two-way conversation, so be sure to listen to what God has to say! Now, write it out.
- 12 minutes to write out the life journal.
- Post to facebook with #hopeproject119! Email email@example.com and you might have a chance to share on a Sunday morning!
- 2 minutes to copy or take a picture of it and share it!
- You will be all done in 19 minutes!
[/et_pb_toggle][et_pb_text admin_label="Reading" background_layout="light" text_orientation="left" text_line_height="2em" use_border_color="off" border_color="#ffffff" border_style="solid"]
Psalm 119:65–72 (NIV) 65 Do good to your servant according to your word, Lord. 66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands. 67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. 68 You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees. 69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart. 70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law. 71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. 72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
What verse stood out to you?